Friday 19 June 2009

Busy busy..........

The title says it all really! We have been none stop in the past few weeks.

Firstly a little thrifting. Gorgeous vintage linen pillowcases and a vintage candy stripe sheet. I love the colours of the pillowcases and a bargain at £3 for all.



Originally i was going to use the sheet as fabric for a project but i cant bring myself to cut it up! It will now find a home in the shabby beach hut bungalow that our shed is being transformed into!

We have now painted the shed blue......... a sneaky peak!

I am just about ready to start on the interior now,the best bit! Am going to wallpaper the back wall to make a bedroom area and paint the front area in a candy colour.

I have also been trying to decide on a wallpaper for the nursery. I just cant seem to find the right thing. I have an idea in my head but cant find anything at all similar. The quest continues!


I bought some lovely fabric at the weekend from a stall on the local market. A bargain at £1.99 a metre.


I really love the pink with the cats, its really fifties style. Not too sure what im going to make with it yet but im sure that i will think of something.


On Monday we are off here for a week


Sunny Cornwall. Im really looking forward to it, and have already planned a trip to Cath Kidston in St Ives. Im hoping for a little Cornish thrifting too, so if any of you know of any good bootsales etc in the Cornwall area please do let me know!

So the busy theme will contiue for the next couple of days. Im just off to Chesterfield now to take the dog to the vets, in laws visiting tonight, shopping tomorrow, driveway being dug out tomorrow, dropping off budgie at sisters tomorrow night, more driveway work on Sunday, suitcase packing and preholiday cleaning!!! I will sure need a holiday after that!!!!

Oh and fingers crossed for sunny skies!

Take care Happy thrifting! x

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Love the fabric, was it local as in your home town, or one nearby ;)
(I feel a trip coming on LOL)

Don't blame you for not cutting the sheet.

Love and blessings
xxxxxxxxx